How can I help you today?
What is the framework?
It’s a structure for processing change. It consists of nine Change Levers, positioned to relate to one another in a particular way, to ensure the maximum opportunity for change.
- It has its foundation in experiential education.
- It can be used for any change as long as it is current and real.
- It gives you a structure and process for your change and tracks the state
(success/failure) of the change.
- It’s a matrix of carefully chosen topics that help people learn grow and change.
Want to hear more?
How does it work?
It starts with an assessment of value (see) which is the doorway to change.
It helps you to process the change from an idea into a new behaviour.
It measures/monitors the state (success/failure) of the change.
It works for individual and group change (most often both are necessary for successful change).
How is it different?
- It is experiential in the sense that you learn by doing.
- You don’t have to understand change for it to work.
- You learn to change by changing .
- It eliminates long training sessions.
- It helps avoid understanding as a precursor to change.
What problem does it solve?
- Over complication in change (as a way of avoiding change).
- Diversity of language and perceptions that often derail change.
- Because it uses experience (value) as a foundation, it cuts across emotional and mental deceptions that derail the change.
- Monitors the change as it happens, highlights resistance to change or failure of the change, allowing the unblocking to happen sooner and therefore increasing the possibility of the change being successful.
What is a Change Cycle?
MC4C is a three stage experiential learning cycle: See, Reflect, Respond.
Change itself is made up of one or thousands of individual change cycles. You participate in this in a continuous loop of experience.
A change cycle is a reflection session that follows a route through the MC4C grid and helps you to see, reflect and make a new response.
What’s a Change Lever?
A change lever is a noted experience (e.g. letting go) that has the capacity to assist in change.
What do we mean when we use the word value?
We use the word value in a very specific way to expose or bring to the surface value, as seen in what you do or how you do what you do.
We use the word value to expose the value that you give to what you don’t think you value… because it has a negative or bad connotations. The way we ask you to see means that, if you do something or spend time doing something, then this shows that you actually value it, regardless of your own perceptions.
How does reflection influence my ability to change?
Once you understand important aspects of the self, you become better able to adapt to changing situations and tough circumstances.
What is self-reflection (as it relates to change)?
Self-reflection helps to build emotional self-awareness. By taking the time to ask yourself the important questions, you gain a better understanding of your emotions, strengths, weaknesses and driving factors.
It is the capacity to see oneself in time and space, to get outside of oneself and observe one’s own behaviour as it relates to what you do (e.g. work at a task) and your state (e.g. happy, sad, etc.).
Who is Bloom?
Bloom is a chat bot that understands and guides you through the MC4C framework.
It helps you to reflect on your need for change and to choose a small action you can take to experience the change.
How do I use Bloom?
To use Bloom, start a chat and simply follow the prompts. I will lead you through a process of self reflection.
You can either click on a suggested option / button (e.g. the Thanks button):
Or you can type in your answer in the box at the bottom of the screen, where it says Type your message, and then click on the arrow button next to the box:
✍️ As a visual guide, you will notice this hand icon when you should type in an answer to the question, in any way that you want. This answer will be used as typed: it is simply your true response to that question. If you need help or more information on the question first, you can use the Help button for more insight.
You can use the Menu button at the bottom left to see a list of options.
How do I add Bloom to my phone?
What a great question! 😊
Check out these handy quick guides, explaining how to add the Bloom web app to your home screen: